Before & Aftercare: Dermapen
Let’s get gorgeous: your Dermapen™ Information
Dermapen™ creates micro-channels in the skin, stimulating the body's own natural healing and regenerative response. Your Nurse/therapist will customise your treatment to your goals: soften wrinkles, even out skin tone and texture, and blur scars. Based on your concerns, they may recommend a series of treatments for optimal results.
In the following weeks, the skin texture and tone may well improve as new skin cells are generated and blood supply is boosted. This take at least 6 weeks and continue for 6 months or more, looking natural and long-lasting.
We normally recommend a course of 3 or more medical needling treatments for optimum improvement, with periodical medical needling therapy treatments in following years to ‘top up’ your natural regeneration.
At your consultation
Your Nurse/therapist will take your medical history and discuss your treatment in full. Take time afterwards to consider this before you book your treatment. If you’re happy, we can book it during your consult.
Reasons not to have Dermapen
Some health conditions, medications, supplements and lifestyle factors affect how you’ll react to a Dermapen™ treatment.
Please tell your Nurse/therapist if any of the following apply to you:
- Papulopustular rosacea
- Acne vulgaris stage III-IV
- Herpes simplex (cold sores) or bacterial/fungal infections
- Open lesions
- Solar keratosis
- Skin cancer
Time: Allow 1 hour for your Dermapen™ clinical treatment including preparation, numbing and post-care.
Saving face: your Dermapen™ Aftercare
After this treatment, you’ll look and feel as if you have moderate sunburn and your skin may feel tight. This will subside after 2 hours and almost fully recover in 1-4 days. To support your skin’s recovery, we recommend:
- Making sure hands are clean when touching the area
- Using tepid water for cleaning for the next 2 days
- Going makeup free for 12 hours
- Not using active skincare (retinoids/peels/AHAs) until redness has subsided
- Avoiding saunas, steam rooms, vigorous exercise, hot baths/ showers while skin is still red
- Staying out of the sun (and sunbeds) for at least 2 weeks – and use your broad spectrum SPF50 sunblock every day
As skin regenerates, it can feel a bit dry and tight. We may recommend soothing, moisturising skincare to help with this and support healing.
If you have any concerns after your treatment, please get in touch - 03 428 0058