General / Vascular
- Avoid excessive heat for 12 hours: Exercise, saunas, hot showers.
- Do not expose skin to UV light (sun exposure or the use of tanning beds) for the duration of your treatment programme, as actively tanned skin cannot be treated. You must wait at least 4 weeks (and possibly up to 6) after sun tanning to have another treatment.
- Use sun block (min SPF 30+) on the treated exposed areas and a hat if suitable.
- Do not use any self tan products on the treatment area/ s for at least 3 days after your Laser/IPL treatment and at least 2 weeks before your next treatment.
- Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water, and any exfoliating or peels for 1 week.
- Avoid physical exercise or sports for 24-48 hrs. (also alcohol and hot spicy food if possible)
- Always contact your Laser/Pulsed light clinician if you have any concerns or questions.
Skin Rejuvenation (Photo rejuvenation / Pigmentation)
- Darkening of pigmented areas is normal. A fine dry crust/scale will form on the skin after a few days. This will take around 7-14 days to flake off. Do not pick or scratch this scale. It may feel itchy at times. A basic moisturiser can be used to alleviate this.
- Avoid rough handling of the area treated.
- Any skin responses are temporary and will subside.
- The area treated can be red, warm and bumpy for up to 24h hours after treatment. If skin is uncomfortable you can cool the area with a cold facial towel. Apply the aftercare provided. If you have any concerns, please contact your Laser/Pulsed light clinician.
- Try to use cleansing products that have been developed for sensitive skin for 2 days after treatment. Be gentle when dry or rubbing the area treated.
- Use sun block (min SPF 30+) on your face and consider using protective cotton gloves for driving and a hat to protect facial areas.
- Swelling can sometimes occur and usually subsides within 24-48 hours. In rare cases, swelling and puffiness can last several days.
- Bruising can sometimes occur on the treatment area, especially when small vascular imperfections are being targeted. If bruising does occur, it will heal normally and fade within a few days
- Do not shave for 48-72 hrs after your treatment. Do not pluck, tweeze, thread or wax hair that has been treated today. This will help reduce any chances of a mild infection in the damaged follicle. The hairs will drop out naturally over the following days and weeks. Please note that hair re-growth occurs at different rates on different areas of the body. You can shave between treatments at the clinic. This will NOT make the hair growth worse. Removing hair in any other way (waxing, plucking or threading) means there will be no target for the laser or IPL light and the treatment will not work.
- Do not use bleaching creams, or perfumed products on the treated area/s for 24-48 hrs.
- The area treated may be red, warm and bumpy (Folliculitis) for up to 24 hours after treatment. This is normal as long as it reduces. If skin is uncomfortable or itchy, you can cool the area with a cold wet facial towel and apply the aftercare soothing products provided. (Aloe vera gel or similar); If you have any concerns, please contact your Laser technician.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing on areas treated to prevent irritation. Keep the area clean and dry.
- Resume use of deodorant/anti-perspirants after 24 hours (if underarms are treated)
If you have any concerns after your treatment, please get in touch - 03 428 0052